Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- Posted: over a month ago
ProPhase Labs, a diversified biotech and genomics company invites you to build your career in the field. Grow with us as we rapidly grow our COVID Testing and genomics abilities with our state-of-the-art CLIA-certified labs, and proven commitment to science and technology. If you are a growth minded professionals eager to apply your skills in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with significant growth, this is your opportunity. Join ProPhase Labs as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
In this role you will perform and interpret routine diagnostic microbiological, virological, serological, chemical, immunohematological, hematological or biophysical procedures in all areas that performs and interprets routine diagnostic serology procedures. These responsibilities are governed by pertinent New York State Licensing and the New York City Department of Health Regulations.
No experience necessary however you must possess New York State Licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, or at least be eligible for one.
We offer signing bonuses and a very competitive and industry leading salary. Because we are looking for exceptional candidate, we offer exceptional compensation. If you and your skills deserve that exceptional bonus and compensation, plus an exponential career growth, apply immediately!
About ProPhase Labs
ProPhase Labs is a public company (NASDAQ: PRPH) with five subsidiaries: ProPhase Diagnostics, TK Supplements®, Pharmaloz, ProPhase Global Health and ProPhase Precision Medicine. Our rapidly growing ProPhase Precision Medicine division offers world-class affordable and accurate personalized genetic testing and whole genome sequencing.
ProPhase Labs enhances wellness and health as a diversified biotech and genomics company. We are leaders in genomics and COVID-19 testing with our state-of-the-art CLIA-certified labs, and proven commitment to science and technology.
Duties and responsibilities
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
- If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
- Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
- Maintain general appearance of the department.
- Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates.
- Review/train on new procedures.
- Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
- Perform any other duties related to the role
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published on March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
License: New York State Licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Or eligible.
- Function without supervision exercising limited independent judgment.
- Write clear, concise reports.
- Fully utilize Prophase electronic record systems, equipment and other healthcare and billing systems relevant to this position.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintain composure while working under pressure.
- Reflect good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
- Adhere to Prophase dx values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Work in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
- Sit or stand for long periods.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
- Stoop, bend, lift, and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Competitive compensation
ProPhase Dx is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressGarden City, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at ProPhase Labs