Life Science Graduate-United States based only (Remote working)
The Medical Information Specialist Trainee position is part of the ProPharma Group Medical Information Contact Center and follows all corresponding regulations, industry standards and client/internal policies regarding medical information and the collection and documentation of adverse events, special situation events, and product complaints.
• Contact center intake, data entry and triage of adverse events, product complaints and medical information cases.
• Case entry of electronic correspondence into multiple databases.
• Respond to unsolicited consumer, health care professional and other external customer requests for medical and safety information received via the contact center, website/e-mail and scientific meetings on behalf of ProPharma Group’s pharmaceutical clients, as assigned and deemed appropriate for the role.
• Place outbound follow up calls to complete adverse event and product quality complaint reports and to collect additional information as requested by the client.
• Provide labeled medical/safety information responses in accordance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and client and ProPharma Group internal policies and practices.
• Accurately identify, document and report adverse events, pregnancy reports, special situation events and product complaints in a clear and concise manner within required timeframes per government regulations, ProPharma Group SOPs and client working practices/instructions.
• Provide accurate responses utilizing approved labeling and Company FAQ responses.
• Assist Medical Information Coordinators in providing full and compliant documentation per SOPs.
• Adhere to company and country-specific privacy policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent English language skills especially verbal and written (including proofreading) communication skills.
• Ability to write fluent and grammatically correct American English.
• Strong cognitive abilities, including verbal reasoning, critical thinking and analytical ability.
• Ability to correctly identify inquirer’s question(s) and formulate and communicate an accurate response.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including empathetic customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask with attention to detail within restrictive timeframes.
• Proactive with demonstrative ability to independently identify problems and suggest effective solutions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize in quickly changing environment within resource constraints.
• Ability to learn, take instruction and apply to daily operations/tasks.
• Receptive to constructive feedback.
• Self-motivated with the ability to demonstrative initiative and internal drive.
• Willingness to seek out additional workload/projects.
• Effective work independently and as part of a team.
• Highly proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office software platforms and Adobe Acrobat. Preferred experience using a document management system with aptitude to learn other computer systems including inquiry handling database.
• Professional telephone etiquette; active listening and pleasant speaking.
• Life Science degree.
• Preferred: Interacting in a customer service environment
- Completely fluent in Brazilian Portuguese. Eligible to work in the US permanently
Why Work Here?ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Germany, Canada, Sweden, and the Netherlands, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
Surround yourself with top talent in a growing company! ProPharma Group partners with life science companies to solve complex challenges.