This individual is accountable for leading development of embedded subsystems including concept development, definition of specifications, detailed design, and full compliance with FDA quality system requirements. This person may serve as a group lead for a team of programmers on a particular project.
- Assume responsibility for development of software for specified product subsystems
- Mentor and guide team members regarding best practices as applied to the target subsystem.
- Perform architectural design of control system components pursuant to software requirements
- Evaluate & select development tools as required
- Conduct detailed analysis and design of software modules using state of the art methodology
- Implement and unit test assigned software components
- Optimize performance and perform stress testing to ensure robust behavior
- Support integration testing with other control systems
- Document completed designs and related procedures
- Participate in system safety reviews
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline
- 8+ Years experience in software development for high technology devices, including development of complex, multithreaded, distributed applications
- Extensive knowledge of real-time system design principles, industrial control techniques, and sensing technologies.
- Significant experience with LabVIEW programming and National Instruments hardware, including FPGA development.
- Experience with VHDL and familiarity with Xilinx hardware desired.
- Comfortable with hands-on electrical troubleshooting tools and methods, including oscilloscope usage, function generators, etc.
- Familiar with common industrial communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, RS485, Modbus, OPC, CAN, EtherCAT)
- Experience with PLC programming desired, preferably including one or more of Allen-Bradley, Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, and OMRON hardware platforms. Knowledge of servo motor control a plus.
- Experience working with tightly regulated, safety critical equipment desired.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to work flexible hours occasionally to facilitate sharing of the proton therapy device by clinical users, developers, and testers.