SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Mechanical Design Engineer II is part of the Research and Development team working on the design of a Medical Device and is responsible for development of specific product subsystems including concept development, analysis, definition of specifications, detailed design, and full compliance with quality system requirements. The Engineer contributes hands-on as a technical team member, including activities such as CAD (SolidWorks, DraftSight, AutoCAD) design, prototyping, assembly, testing, and documentation. This position may work with a team of engineers and scientists on a particular project, or may work independently.
- Contributes to engineering efforts to meet strategic objectives.
- Possible Technology Development Areas:
- Superconducting and resistive magnet systems
- Superconducting/Cryogenic cooling systems
- Vacuum system design
- Robotics and automation
- Treatment room ergonomics
- Structural and weldment design
- Installation and test equipment design and processes
- Participates in new product development and existing product improvement
- Interacts with Oracle Agile PLM document vault.
- Troubleshoot system and component defects
- Qualify Outsource Vendors
- Support Factory and Field Technical Staff
- BS,MS, or PE in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong design ability with 3D & 2D CAD (SolidWorks, DraftSight and AutoCAD), GD&T, FEA.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Mechanical System Design.
- Experience in medical product development and commercialization, or in an ISO or similarly regulated and design-controlled, quality-system driven environment, desired.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate efficiently across multiple disciplines, functions and employee levels.
- Physical demand/ Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and lift tools or equipment.
- Specific visual acuity required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small parts; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or inspection of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.