Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Summary: Performs a variety of shipping tasks. Prepares items for shipment via UPS, FEDEX, LTL by picking, packing, sorting and loading orders.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may lock warehouse and set alarms
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, and environmental.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
- Ability to read and write
- Records maintenance skills
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers / perform simple arithmetic
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace work environment is a must
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. High school diploma or GED;
* At least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified