Are you a Board Certified Psychiatrist? Here’s your chance to make a difference.
This is a rewarding opportunity, with excellent pay, to help patients suffering with behavioral and mental health challenges. Ideal candidate will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of mentally ill patients.
This is a Full-time contracted position for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months with opportunity for extension. Monday-Friday schedule. No On-Call and Weekends off!
This position is located in Northern Florida, in either Chattahoochee, FL or Macclenny, FL, and includes a living stipend.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Medically evaluates clients and assesses their medical status.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations including a differential diagnosis and develops and monitors treatment plans.
- Prescribes psychiatric medications and collaborates with therapist, case management and nursing staff to facilitate appropriate medication monitoring and adherence.
- Participates in planning and administrative decisions affecting program’s treatment approaches, technology, and quality of care.
- Complete timely and appropriate documentation in the electronic medical records for clients.
- Will be required to achieve productivity standards as set forth and outlined by your manager.
- Provide expertise in managing clients with mental health disorders with primary care and mental health providers.
- Maintain compliance with regard to state, federal and CHA guidelines including but not limited to accurate and timely documentation.
- Performs psychiatric reviews of charts and treatment plans.
- Coordinates medical issues with Primary Health Care provider.
- Maintains clinic records in accordance with mandated standards.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.).
- A license in Psychiatry, board-certified is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in Clinical Psychiatry preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for counseling and guidance.
- Current documentation of Basic Life Support is required.