Seeking experienced Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ARNP, NP) to execute Wellness Visits and Post-Acute Home Visits to a diverse patient population including pediatric patients in their home. The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assessing patients, updating/maintaining patient records and coordinate scheduling patient for follow-up appointments with PCPs as required. You are a key member of our field team working with our administrative staff and physicians to deliver quality care to each patient.
The clinician is responsible for assessing, managing and coordinating health care for patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
- Perform initial patient screenings, patient history and physical examinations
- Update patient records for accuracy at each patient appointment/visit
- Serve as a patient resource for ongoing healthcare information, counseling and guidance for the patient and/or family
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities as needed
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability
- Monitors and documents the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. physician office, acute care, home setting
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to make appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing information, guidance, and educational tools
- Coordinate appointment with primary care MD
- Conduct follow up visits in a timely manner as requested
- Educate patient on importance of follow up appointment and routine medications daily
- Minimum 2+ years proven clinical work experience as an ARNP/RN with Pediatric certification (required)
- Active Florida NP license/certificate in good standing
- Experience in Urgent Care or ED a plus
- BLS and ACLS current certification required (required)
- NPI# (required)
- Medicaid# (required)
- CAQH # (required)
- DEA # (preferred)
- Strong knowledge /comprehensive clinical assessment skills for both pediatric and adult populations
- Skilled in developing/revising patient care plan based on patient status
- Ability to triage priorities and handle conflict in a calm fashion
- Maintains high standard of ethics and accountability
- Multi-tasker with ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated individual with positive image and attitude
- Extremely dependable and punctual
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Excel)
- Reliable transportation required