Our client is a small business doing mission critical work for the US Geospatial-Intelligence community to include the IC, DoD and commercial sector. They focus on developing core applications, providing high-end technical tradecraft support while deploying subject matter experts into hostile OCONUS environments, working side-by-side with our Military partners.
They work to build long lasting relationships with their government partners by delivering innovative, best of breed data, applications and tradecraft into the government space. Most importantly, they are building an A+ team of like-minded individuals who thrive on competition, team-building and providing the best possible outcome for their mission.
We are looking for all levels of dynamic Linux Cloud Engineers to join the Open Data Store (ODS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the ODS Team, various expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise environment both on premise as well as in the cloud.
- Architect, build and maintain on premise and/or cloud infrastructure to support team and customer initiatives
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services, optimize for cost efficiencies/authentication/search, etc)
- Administer production, staging and development environments
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system related incidents
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing
- Work with A&A Teams to maintain security requirements for operation of systems
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common interest
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance Required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or the equivalent combination of experience/training
- Experience working within Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Strong Understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
- Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. SALT, Chef, etc)
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Azure
- Experience with Python framework and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of network technologies, common infrastructure components, load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Experience building Amazon EC2 instances and S3 buckets for development, test, and production environments
- Experience working with API Management tools (APIGEE, Kong, etc)
- Experience working closely with software development teams
- Understanding of access management and security groups (i.e. IAM, S3 bucket, Cloud Trail, SSH, VPN, etc.)
- Ability to write and use unit and functional testing