We are seeking a team player to work with other drivers and Production employees to ensure product quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall team success. This person will be responsible for safely loading, transporting, delivering, and off loading chemical products and ion-exchange columns to our customer base. Most deliveries are local (less than 175-mile radius), meaning this person will be home most nights with only occasional overnight travel required. Some customer-specific service duties will be required such as servicing tank exchanges and documenting services performed. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing & Delivery.
We provide on the job training and are willing to work with a licensed CDL driver to obtain their CDL Class A with X endorsements, which is a requirement for the position.
This position will train initially by driving a tanker truck and then may transition into other vehicles. This position will also cross-train on the manufacturing processes/tasks to provide better service to our customers and to ensure team success. This position is expected perform these tasks in addition to driving, as needed, to ensure the team meets customer expectations.
Note: Wages are negotiable- inquire within. This position may be part-time if that suits your schedule best.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow and maintain SOPs for product deliveries.
- Follow and maintain customer specific quality, safety, and PPE requirements.
- Present a professional image of the company during all transportation and delivery activities.
- Perform on-time deliveries and services in a safe manner and in-line with customers' expectations.
- Physical demands of the position include but is not limited to lifting up to 60lbs.
- Paid overtime (after 40 hours).
- Follow all OSHA, DOT, ISO, and EPA regulations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Class A with Tanker and X Endorsement (Hazardous Materials) or serious commitment to obtaining this (required)
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Minimum of 2 years CDL driving experience with good driving record
- Self-motivated with a desire to accept new challenges and grow with the company (required)
- Safe working habits including wearing proper PPE and following procedures (required)
- Good documentation of tasks performed to comply with ISO procedures (required)
- Willingness to be part of a team, lending all available skills in support of achieving team success (required)