Chief Manufacturing Officer
ProCaps Laboratories Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Headquartered in Henderson, Nevada, ProCaps Laboratories, an already significant but still rapidly growing manufacturer of 200+ uniquely high-quality vitamin supplements products, as well as a growing line of functional foods (bars, packets, bottles, etc.), is looking for a Chief Manufacturing Officer. You will be responsible for overseeing the management of all areas of Manufacturing, which include Procurement/Receiving, Production Planning, Production, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Warehouse and Inventory Control, Shipping, and Facilities Management (referred to herein as the “Manufacturing Groups”) to produce products and direct activities so that our products are manufactured and shipped on-schedule and within our targeted quality standards and cost objectives.
Additionally, to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, reporting procedures, people, and systems in place to effectively and efficiently continue the significant product line extensions and volume growth that the company has managed over the past decades. Finally, you will manage appropriately to achieve positive results through a collaborative, respectful, constructive, energetic, and hands-on approach, guided by the objectives of the company.
- Strategic Thinker
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
- Decision Maker
- Highly Analytical
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Communicator
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 10-15+ years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Preference is given to those experienced in the following industries: Nutraceuticals, Pharmaceuticals, Food Production (Nutritional/Snack Bars a plus).
- Minimum 10+ years of experience at the Sr. Management level at a significantly sized company
- Experience in planning and managing: Supply Chain, Materials & Inventory, Production Scheduling & Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Warehouse, including shipping and receiving
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong leadership skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ERP software experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
OTHER ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and manages the Manufacturing Groups and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure products conform to established standards and GMP’s
- Collaborates with CEO and other leadership team members to formulate and implement strategic changes in the Manufacturing Groups’ policies and programs, which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its product quality and output to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of the Manufacturing Groups’ operational processes, both internal and external. Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports to the CEO on the operating condition of the company
- Directs and monitors managers to accomplish the goals of the manufacturing plant. Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels
- Ensures that standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that production is continuously maximized
- Keeps current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Develops and manages manufacturing leadership team
- Oversees manufacturing budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements
- Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope
- Contributes to and supports the corporation’s quality initiatives by planning, communicating, and encouraging team and individual contributions toward the corporation’s quality improvement efforts
- Provides direction and follow through on administrative and workload priorities
- Fosters team building, efficient manufacturing, and integration of manufacturing best practices
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, and put a strong emphasis on responsibility and accountability
- Upholds, safeguards, and promotes the organization’s values and philosophies relating particularly to ethics, integrity, and corporate responsibility
- Accountable for driving his/her assigned departments to achieve and surpass all business goals and objectives
- Motivate and lead a high performing team; partner with Human Resources to advocate and retain team members and provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the development of direct reports
- Foster a success-oriented, collaborative, accountable, and enthusiastic environment within the company
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Duties are performed primarily in smoke-free manufacturing and office environment
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
ProCaps Laboratories provides competitive compensation, commensurate with your experience and the position’s responsibilities, along with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance along with a 401K program.
Our vitamin manufacturing facility is unique not only for the 100% pure supplements it produces but for the purity of the electric power used to create them. Our roof and adjacent parking structure house one of the largest private solar energy installations in the world. This natural source of energy is used to produce all ProCaps products; ProCaps is the only vitamin manufacturing facility in the world to do this. In alignment with our commitment to the environment, we use recycled materials in producing our bottles, labels and packaging materials.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Owned by Andrew Lessman, we are committed to social responsibility, having donated more than 5 million bottles of prenatal vitamins to Vitamin Angels; a program created to reduce maternal and childhood mortality worldwide. Our vitamin manufacturing facility is unique not only for the 100% pure supplements it produces but for the purity of the electric power used to create them. Our roof and adjacent parking structure house one of the largest private solar energy installations in the world. This natural source of energy is used to produce all ProCaps products; ProCaps is the only vitamin manufacturing facility in the world to do this. In alignment with our commitment to the environment, we use recycled materials in producing our bottles, labels and packaging materials. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.