Assistant Yard Manager
- $55,000 to $62,000 Yearly
This position reports directly to the Yard Manager. Take ownership of the yard and inbound/outbound areas under the
direction of the Yard Manager. Make sure the check in\out process of customer inventory has a smooth and safe process.
Also will have control of general operation and safety processes during all hours of operation. Ensure 100% visibility of all
inbound/outbound trailers, and smooth customer operation by switching trailers from dock doors in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
1. Complete and report out on weekly/monthly reports related to KPI performance.
2. Evaluate/audit the day to day operations to identify opportunities for improved operations, performance, and efficiency.
3. Implement, train and govern Yard management policies.
4. Communicate with other Supervisors and Managers.
5. Evaluate/determine what actions are required by operations to maintain the KPI’s per leadership expectations.
6. Conduct/coordinate cycle counts/audits of Yard/Trailer count as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
A degree in supply chain management, logistics, packaging engineering or related area is highly
REQUIRED SKILLS (TECHNICAL, CLERICAL, LANGUAGE, ETC.)
· Detail oriented, hands on and strong organizational skills Leadership, interdependent partnering, and conflict
& change management skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· 5 years plus Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Automotive Yard Management Experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS (TECHNICAL, CLERICAL, LANGUAGE, ETC.) ·
Proficient with data analytics software and processes (Advanced Excel, Access, Tableau, etc) · Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent. ·
This Position Description is not intended to guarantee, and does not guarantee, ongoing employment or emplo
Excellent benefits & PTO packages!
Pro Talent Group is the Professional Staffing division of MS-IL Staffing based out of Indianapolis, IN. Our recruiting specializations are in Manufacturing, Administrative, Clerical, and Engineering.
Pro Talent GroupLafayette, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.