1st shift- 5:00am - 4:30pm with some Saturdays
This position is bonus eligible
- Perform preventive, predictive maintenance and total productive maintenance in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Be able to interact with operators, supervisors, co-workers in a team oriented fashion towards a common goal.
- Ability to adjust to changing needs of a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Read schematics, understands technical books, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, able to research in the Internet.
- Lock Out/ Tag Out/ Try Out oriented.
- Working knowledge of PLC's, AC and DC drives, operators interface terminals, etc.
- Troubleshoot faults and breakdowns using Equipment: blueprints, manuals, manufacturer specifications, machine diagnosis, control parameters, PLC ladder diagrams and experience.
- Experience on PLC / NC Controls
- Experience working with machine voltages up to 480 volts.
- Replace back up batteries, encoders, servomotors, drives, cabling, sensors, switches, transducers, breakers, fuses, relays, contactors, etc.
- Electronics experience and capable of repairing boards to the component level.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machining duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose operational problems and unusual circumstances, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Track and maintain records on all maintenance and repairs to equipment.
- Assist on controlling maintenance budget and spending.
- Set working hours for department and obtain approval through Maintenance Manager
- Assist in researching spare and repair parts needed, as well as, assist in parts ordering and delivery tracking.
- Direct and delegate workload to maintenance personnel.
- Ensure all processes, procedures and documentation is ISO, IATF, TIC QEH&S Manual compliant.
- Review work orders and prioritize them for timely completion.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Perform basic administrative skills, including computer data entry and standardized work documentation, performed by written and electronic methods.
- Proficient Windows / Microsoft office based computer skills.
- Ability to drive and operate narrow aisle, standard and order picker forklifts (gas and electric), Pallet Jack, Computer, Telephone, Copy Machine, Dolly, Boom Lift
- Knowledgeable of key types of machinery equipment & plant infrastructure systems (e.g. - machines & equipment, electrical, compressed air).
- Knowledge in applicable OSHA, EPA, NFPA 70E regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 plus years of experience in similar manufacturing settings / similar role and 2 years in a Maintenance Leadership role.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent (Required).
- Associates degree, and/or, technical degree preferred.
- State Electrical License preferred (Journeyman)
Must be able to perform all physical functions of working in a manufacturing environment such as, climbing, standing, bending, reaching and squatting. Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
Working with and near electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment. Working in and on machines in a non-air conditioned environment
Rotating shift work and overtime required
Weekend and holiday support sometimes required
Possible travel in USA and abroad
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-verify employer.
We work for employers and job seekers alike by providing:
Recruiting and staffing for employers of all sizes. We use progressive recruiting strategies and advanced technologies to place the very best talent in temporary, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire positions. Whether you require immediate placement of talent or simply want to discuss potential needs, we’re here for you.
Jobs for talent at every level. We help you prepare for your next job – whether it’s reviewing a resume to offer feedback or connecting you to exclusive jobs at leading local companies.