This job is located in Rome, GA
Will generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of various truck and trailer equipment. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: 14 Liter Engine Repair, including Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
This position will be located at our facilities in Rome, GA. Excellent pay and full benefits available.
· Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
· Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
· Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
· Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
· Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
· Maintain work area appearance and safety
· Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
· Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
· Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
· Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
· Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
· Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
· Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
· Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
· 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
· Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
· Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
· A valid drivers license is required
· Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred, willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
· Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
· Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
· The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Substance abuse testing required
Please contact Cameron: 770 458 3130 for more details.
TO APPLY – Click on this link (or copy it and paste it into your browser) to fill out an application: