Pro-Craft Construction Redlands, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pro-Craft Construction is a non-union Plumbing, Utility, Fire, and Mechanical contractor in Redlands, Calif. specializing in Public-Works projects. Focusing on the education, institutional, and healthcare markets.
Together with and under the direction of Executive Management, the Controller is responsible for directing, coordinating, maintaining, and controlling an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of Pro-Craft Construction, Inc. The Controller also monitors department policies and procedures and recommends improvements, consults with the Executive Management team, participates in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives, and serves as a resource in all aspects of accounting. Ensures accurate internal and external recording and reporting of financial transactions. Oversees budgeting, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset management, etc. Ensures that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and Pro-Craft Construction, Inc procedures. Lead, assigns, directs, and evaluates accounting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for the planning, development, and implementation of effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Develops short and long-term goals and objectives for the Accounting Department that co-align with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Supervises and maintains financial information and control systems, including general ledger, depreciation schedule, prepaid insurance schedule, insurance amortizations, budgeting, cost allocation, and other subsystems. Ensuring accuracy and complete details.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports, including analyzing and updating the schedule of Work in Progress.
- Controls Company costs by reviewing and monitoring weekly invoices and all other company-related purchases (credit card purchases, materials, supplies, overhead items, etc.) on a consistent and ongoing basis, taking full advantage of available discounts on invoices.
- Ensures that new and existing business accounts are being reviewed and monitored to ensure Pro-Craft is always being cost-effective, taking cost lower and savings measures, and is obtaining the most competitive pricing possible.
- Prepares pro forma financial statements to include project cash flows and income statements.
- Coordinates tax reporting requirements to ensure timely payments and filings. Works with external accountants to file federal, state, and payroll tax returns.
- Oversees the preparation and filing of payroll taxes, tracks, and reports fringe benefit tax data (relocation expense reimbursements, use of Company vehicles, etc.).
- Prepares charitable contributions, meals & entertainment, and insurance schedules for CPA analysis of allowable deductions for tax preparation.
- Coordinates and manages the annual CPA reviewed financial statement. Ensures that accounting records and reports are in compliance with government regulations. Cooperates with and assists external auditors as appropriate and acts as a liaison between external auditors and other departments.
- Oversees the control of project budgets. Ensures billings coincide with project budgets by working with Project Managers and Sr. Management and by ensuring that the Accounting System is maintained with the most updated budget.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing daily operations and performing administrative functions for the Accounting department. Ensures accounts receivable are processed correctly and that receivables are collected and posted both timely and accurately.
- Coordinate accounting information systems to ensure they are operational and provide accurate financial data. Works to implement and update systems including payroll, fixed asset management, expense management, cash management, general ledger, etc.
- Completes financial analysis of Pro-Craft’s cash flow, investment strategies, banking relationships, debt management, etc. Maintain and oversee bank records and reconciliations. Develops and implements improvements as appropriate.
- Stays up to the date on developments in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) that have the potential to impact the Company’s financial reporting.
- Maintains industry knowledge through relevant industry organizations (i.e., CFMA).
- Reports on a weekly basis to Executive Management agreed-upon metrics, which summarizes the key metrics, which can be used as a tool to measure the financial position of the company and the key indicators.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Pro-Craft Construction Inc. personnel, departments, and management.
- Coordinates accounting functions with other departments.
- Ensures that all employees are well informed of accounting policies, procedures, and regulations. Facilitates consistency at all levels of accounting operations.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, outside auditors and regulators, and banking contacts.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity regarding Pro-Craft Construction, inc. financial information.
- Provides leadership to accounting personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings to ensure that personnel is well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
- Trains, directs, and coordinates personnel. Ensures that training and development needs are met and provide assistance and support as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations as assigned. Provides measurable feedback to accounting staff and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Presents self in a professional manner provides open and honest communication, and demonstrates respect to co-workers and customers.
- Prepares special reports and correspondence as requested by Executive Management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- BS Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in all aspects of accounting
- California CPA License
- Knowledge of the construction industry as it relates to accounting functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, and banking working knowledge.
- Able to work in a productive manner independently and with others in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Vista Viewpoint, and Construction Payroll.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in a written form.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
What we are proud to offer you:
- PTO for Vacation and Sick Time
Pro-Craft ConstructionWhy Work Here?
Competitive compensation, great benefits, continuous education, opportunity for growth, and regularly planned team-building events.
Our mission is to continuously provide the highest quality of service and craftsmanship in the marketplace; supported with honesty, integrity, professionalism, and a sense of urgency, to build long-term relationships with every client and associate.
500 Iowa St. RedlandsRedlands, CA