The Store Manager is responsible for leading and developing a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, service, and expense control), people (talent acquisition, training, and development), and process (standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence. ·
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload. ·
- Build a team that embodies customer engagement by delivering exceptional service and driving guest loyalty. ·
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Model a culture of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Scheduling the right associates, in the right places, at the right times in order to provide an exceptional guest experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.
- 3-5+ years of fast-paced, retail management as a Store Manager
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture, and executing merchandising directives
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system and Microsoft Office programs)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings and conferences (may require overnight travel)
- Unique retailer with extended operating hours
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, store discount, sample products,
401(k) with company match
Paid time off