The Sales Support Specialist provides administrative and sales support to the Regional Sales Manager and the Outside Sales Team. This position also works closely with the District Managers, CSRs (Customer Service Representatives) and the Operations team to successfully fulfill sales support needs such as preparing and coordinating client quotes, RFP’s (Request for Proposals), and sales presentations. This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager. The qualified candidate will have an aptitude for sales and the ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy. They will also have strong work ethic, with excellent communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to work successfully as part of a team. The candidate must be self-driven and have the ability to perform in a minimal supervised atmosphere.
The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for supporting sales staff by providing administrative, clerical, and customer support, follow up with customers, completes orders, and processes sales leads as necessary.
Essential Responsibilities, includes but are not limited to
- Develop quotes for outside sales including obtaining pricing and availability from vendors.
- Process customer purchase orders.
- Perform data entry when orders are completed or changed.
- Process sales data and progress reports.
- Follow up on sales leads.
- Direct sales leads to appropriate member of sales team.
- Answer questions about product or warranties.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and other forms of correspondence.
- Assist CSR in answering incoming phone calls.
- Promote and sell products and services.
- Handle billing issues as directed by Regional Manager, District Manager and/or Office Manager.
- Organize events, conferences, and other meetings as directed by Regional Sales Manager.
- Attend trade shows to promote products.
- Resolve promotional allowance, rebate, and pricing discrepancies by researching promotion details and regular and special prices.
- Successfully interact with other departments in order to fully close the loop on all customer transactions.
- Order and maintain product literature and promotional items.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite and other computer programs to accomplish everyday job duties.
- Act as a liaison with the customer in the event of difficulties in filling customer orders, meeting delivery times, required adjustments in pricing or other issues which may need to be addressed with the customer. Always be courteous and patient in regard to Customer concerns.
Complete other job related tasks as directed by Regional Sales Manger
- Sincere and Committed to Customer Service & Safety
- Accurate and Productive to Support Quality
- Fearlessly Ethical, Fair and Consistent to ensure Organizational Integrity and Safety Compliance
- Empowered to support engaged growth by ensuring team collaboration, development and motivation
- Ready & Urgent Subject Matter Leader
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Good telephone skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be in a stationary position over 90% of the time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The person will constantly operate a computer, speak over the phone, utilize a keyboard and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to converse verbally to exchange accurate information. Must be able to visually scan documents in detail to detect and identify needs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, direct hire position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We recognize each individual’s potential to offer significant contributions to our organization’s growth and stability.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.