The Community Manager is fully accountable for all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. The Community Manager must be goal-oriented, creative, organized and focused with superior verbal and written communication skills. In addition to managing marketing, customer service and sales to meet and exceed performance targets, the community manager is responsible for all operational and financial aspects of the property.
The Community Manager will establish and maintain an environment of measured accountability for all on site team members – both office and service – including the Service Manager.
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals and statements, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit documentation thereof on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs).
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Ensure property is rented to sustainable capacity while growing revenue.
- Utilize marketing strategies to draw in and secure prospective residents.
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Confirm that leasing staff gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Project occupancy rates and develop leasing goals to maintain and/or sustain budgeted occupancies
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to leasing management software system accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Respond to resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan monthly/weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems.
- Document appropriately, communicate situation supervisor, Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Remain up to date and informed on new facility/amenity products, processes and systems to insure efficiency and cost savings for the property.
- Assist Service Supervisor in creating and implementing and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Direct staff to follow a “safety first” principle.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years experience as an Assistant Community Manager and/or related experience
- Must obtain the Fair Housing certification within 30 days of hire and prior to interaction with prospects or residents
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Successfully pass a drug screen
- Valid Driver's License
- College degree
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM)
- Previous experience in a Lease Up- strongly preferred