JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant
REPORTS TO: Office Manager, Medical Director
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for patient care under the direction of a licensed health care provider
As a Medical Assistant, you will demonstrate a number of personal attributes including:
1. A passion for improving the health and wellness of others
2. A positive, enthusiastic attitude
3. Strong interpersonal communication skills
4. Illustrate healthy behaviors in your life
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Perform client Intake process (vital signs, history, medication list/changes, verify drug allergies, and determining chief complaint)
· Administers oral and nebulized medications as well as intramuscular and subcutaneous injections as ordered by Medical Provider
· Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment. This includes cleaning and storing supplies/equipment in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
· Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately
· Assist in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
· Obtains and/or prepares all necessary patient records, consent documents as required by Medical Provider prior to treatment or procedures
· Prepare and assist Medical Provider with medical treatments, exams and procedures
· Completes all necessary documentation in the electronic medical record in accordance with the company charting policy
· Maintain patient records confidentially
· Phone triage for clients
· Perform phlebotomy and completion of in-house laboratory processing
· Perform diagnostic tests (including but not limited to: EKG)
· Perform point of care testing (including but not limited to: UA, UDS, Urine pregnancy test, Rapid Strep, etc.)
· Assist provider with client teaching, education and support
· Participate in process and quality improvement initiatives
· Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional support to clients
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
· Protect clients and Company staff by adhering to: infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
· Maintains client’s confidence and protect Company operations by keeping information confidential
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
· Maintains Company supplies and inventory by checking stock levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders through Company process: inventory control, purchase orders, receiving, etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned
1. Performs other administrative duties, including but not limited to typing, filing, faxing, chart preparation, reception, as requested by Medical Provider
2. Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols
3. Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times
4. Adhere to employer work practices
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Medical Provider, Company staff and management
6. Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or typical work stress situation
7. Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively
8. Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
1. Certified Medical Assistant through the Arizona
2. Maintain current Arizona Medical Assistant-certified certification
3. CPR certification for Health Care Providers
1. Medical terminology
2. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
3. Knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 coding procedures and lab processing procedures
4. Knowledge of medications and injection procedures
5. Technical duties required for MA
Requires adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite health care service, including injections. Requires frequent standing, sitting, lifting, walking. Requires exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Employee Signature: _________________________________ Date: _____________________________________
Private Integrative Health and Wellness Center
Why Work Here?A member based Integrative Health, Wellness, and Nutrition company located in North Scottsdale, AZ.
A Private Integrative Health, Wellness, & Nutrition Company that offers a great work environment that will educate while having fun.