We are seeking an experienced and motivated Commercial Billing and Collections Specialist to join team for a 3 month contract.
This position is responsible for the timely generation of claims and collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving insurance billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency as they relate to recent rejections or failure to pay within thirty (30) through sixty (60) calendar days.
- Responsible for submission of insurance claims via electronic clearinghouse and paper claims via mail
- Perform audits of assigned accounts before submitting claims to ensure accuracy and validity
- Reviews claim holds and facilitates clean claim processing
- Work within the department and with the other departments to ensure precise submission of claims
- Understands and complies with all HIPAA rules and regulations
- Reviews all open claims for collection efforts needed
- Review and effectively troubleshoot all known denials and rejections through correspondence or telecommunication.
- Make demand on insurance due payments in accordance with payment due dates, state and federal regulation.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and non-payment and discuss them with direct manager.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in medical billing and coding
- Strong communication skills, problem solving and working knowledge of insurance payment methodologies
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, growth opportunities, a competitive compensation.