We are a Private Family seeking a AABA Caretaker to come to our home. The position will cover after school hours and/or weekends.
The services are for a 15 years old girl with learning difficulties. She has a genetic condition known as Kabuki Syndrome.
She has an attention deficit and is performing below age level. She has difficulties learning and retaining information that affects her executive functioning both at home and in the school setting. She has fine motor difficulties that can challenge her ability to complete everyday life and self-care routines. She also needs to improve her potential to manage challenges and strengthen her behavioral flexibility.
The applicant will understand her developmental delays and provide her with focused strategies to target areas that are hard for her. The goal is to help her become more independent and better integrated for day to day social skills.
Skills to improve:
- Social Skills
- Conversational Skills
- Conflict Negotiation
- Social Cues
- Coping Skills and Self Direction
- Functional Academics
- Focus and concentration on tasks
- Slowing down to process information
- Engaging in after school projects using reading, writing, and math skills in everyday life
- Implementing all protocols learned in therapy (OT, PT, Vision Therapy, etc.)
- Pay close attention to details and provide weekly updates on her progress
- Facilitate her social outings
- Specializes in teaching kids with learning disabilities
- Experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (C.B.T)
- Resourceful and fun with strategies to address all needs
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please submit your resume'.