Hiring Company Description:
An investment company headquartered in Ontario, California that has extensive experience in all areas of the legal cannabis industry. We have developed world-class facilities and vertically integrated businesses for the production, manufacturing, distribution and sale of medicinal and adult use-cannabis. We are now looking to add in-house counsel to our team to facilitate the Companies continued growth.
The General Counsel is responsible for the following:
- Serve as in-house counsel to the company.
- Manage all legal affairs including outside legal services provided to the company.
- Support, document, and facilitate all, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Review, advise and draft a variety of business transactions, including but not limited to basic contracts, leases, joint ventures, licensing agreement, consulting agreement and real state documents.
- Manage and prepare corporate governance documents.
- Advise the executive team on the latest regulations and laws.
- Advise company on the various legal risk, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. Design and implement a robust and comprehensive audit and reporting function and manage an independent audit and review process for the company, including audit reviews of third-party vendor and service providers.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Represent the Company in communications and State regulatory bodies and enforcement agencies.
- Other duties as assigned