Assistant to the Legal Department
You will perform specifically delegated legal assistant work in support of the legal department and its regulatory and compliance functions within the cannabis industry. Experience organizing and managing projects is a plus. Ability to understand, interpret and explain local ordinances and state laws and perform specifically delegated paralegal work in support of Compliance/Legal functions of the organization.
The Assistant to the Legal Department is responsible for the following:
• Understanding regulations on the state and local level that are applicable to cannabis industry in order to interface with various government offices and their staff
• Finalizing documents for signature and collecting signatures at the request and as directed by the attorneys and paralegals in the legal department
• Willingness to learn new concepts, laws, and business lessons related to compliant operations within the cannabis industry
• Keeping corporate records organized and complete
• Maintaining complete and accurate files, in both physical and digital form
• Visiting and interacting with company personnel in the field as directed by the attorneys in the legal department
• Assisting the attorneys and paralegals in the legal department as requested
• Knowledge of the cannabis industry is a plus but is not required
• Valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
The following skills are critical to success in this position:
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people
• Positive attitude and persistence in accomplishing your work tasks and goals.
• Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Capacity to work at high levels in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple project priorities
• Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred
• Spanish speakers preferred
• Familiarity with state regulatory entities and experience in the cannabis industry is a plus
• Prior experience in a paralegal or legal administrative role is a plus
• Must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization
• Dependable, detail-oriented and strong communication skills
• Able to work well alone and with others
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time