- Posted: over a month ago
The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) of Duke Health is the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice comprised of 140 clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the top physicians and employees and retains them by offering competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment where passion and purpose connect.
To learn more about our culture, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-k
We are seeking a Program Coordinator for Duke Sports Sciences Institute clinic located in Durham, NC to provide administrative direction of community outreach programs to provide medical interventions for athletic programs to include coordinating events and developing protocols. Additionally and with minimal oversight, serve as a physician extender in the primary care, primary care sports medicine, and/or orthopaedic clinical setting and specialize in the delivery of high quality health care to patients of all ages and athletes of all skill levels.. Bachelor's degree in a health related profession, Nationally certified athletic trainer (ATC), North Carolina state licensure
- Participate in meetings with providers to determine the objectives of outreach programs with local high schools and colleges and identify resources needed to meet the objectives. Develop program protocols and procedures in accordance with objectives.
- Organize and implement the outreach program within the community. Serve as main point of contact for athletic leaders, such as athletic directors and coaches for all aspects of the program as it relates to management of events and activities.
- Develop and create reports on the effectiveness of the outreach program as it relates to performance and injury prevention. Present findings to physician leaders and community partners.
- Serve as a mentor for the Athletic Trainers in the Athletic Training program at NCCU with involvement in teaching and educational sessions.
- Advise and assist High School athletic team coaches in developing, planning and instructing physical training programs.
- Perform appropriate patient intake for a variety of medical and musculoskeletal conditions. This includes, but is not limited to, thorough history of condition or injury, chief complaint, assessment of pain level, completion and / or review of past medical history, family history social history and medication reconciliation.
- Coordinate patient and/or athlete care services with other health care providers. Perform a thorough medical history and appropriate physical examination on each patient. Order and interpret diagnostic studies under the direction of a physician.
- Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program
- Work requires three years of experience in program administration or involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in a health related profession, Nationally certified athletic trainer (ATC), North Carolina state licensure
Certain jobs in the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
The Private Diagnostic Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
The PDC aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
BusinessView all jobs at Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC