MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - South Durham Otolaryngology (PRN)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - South Durham Otolaryngology Clinic (PART TIME)
The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) of Duke Health is the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice comprised of 140 clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the top physicians and employees and retains them by offering competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment where passion and purpose connect.
To learn more about our culture, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-k
We are seeking a part time Medical Assistant, Certified in our South Durham Otolaryngology Clinic located in Durham to be an integral member of the healthcare team and provide direct and indirect care to patients.
WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY IF:
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of care.
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Perform telephone message taking with patients, document encounter, follow protocols established by clinic leadership, and inform provider.
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
- Assists providers with procedures such as Vocal Chord Injections, Ear tube placement, tissue biopsies, etc.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Performs tasks such as set up for clinical procedures, high level disinfection & sterilization or other miscellaneous appropriate tasks within scope of practice.
- Attain prior authorizations for medications and durable medical equipment as indicated.
- Float in clinic to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by nurse manager, health center administrator, charge nurse, or nurse team lead.
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required.
- BLS required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to transport patients on a stretcher or wheelchair and heavy lifting may be required.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and processes involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions and age specific competencies.
- Knowledge of daily clinic preparation process; registration, scheduling, charge posting and order entry.
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff.
Certain jobs in the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
The Private Diagnostic Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
The PDC aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
HealthcareView all jobs at Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC