Sr Infrastructure Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer will be part of the Cloud Infrastructure and automation Engineering team in San Francisco, CA
- Operate and maintain a managed Kubernetes (GKE) environment.
- Architect and implement the deployment of services on a public cloud on top of Kubernetes using Helm charts, working with other team members and developers.
- Manage the public cloud resources and networking layer interconnecting these services by defining them with infrastructure as code (laC).
- Build, manage, and optimize resilient persistent OLTP & OLAP databases, message queues, caches, etc…
- Build Continuous infrastructure deployment automation.
- Collaborate to define and implement initial observability requirements (metrics, logging, alerting, tracing) for new services.
- Rotate service instances to address vulnerabilities and fulfill patching requirements for security compliance.
- Be a subject matter expert and point of reference for any work requiring the changes to infrastructure components.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for infrastructure related issues.
- Document infrastructure architecture in the form of documents and diagrams.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, of which at least 4 in an infrastructure or operational focused role.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Strong foundations around Continuous Integrations (CI) / Deployment (CD) practices and passionate about building highly automated tooling.
- Experience with infrastructure as code.
- Methodical about both practice and documentation.
- Self-driven and independent.
- A good collaborator with a team-first mentality.
- A continuous learner that strives to keep abreast of relevant technology advancements.
- Experience using and developing Helm charts with Kubernetes at scale.
- Proven track record in enabling organizations to handle a progressively growing scale.
- Direct, recent experience with Google Cloud or equivalent.
- Experience with Secure Development Lifecycles (SDL) and security compliance.
- Strong motivation with keeping things well documented and easy to understand by others.
- Experienced with and an advocate for remote work and teams.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Private Company