Information Technology Manager - Job Summary
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for providing effective and efficient integration of planning, project management, technology implementation, capacity planning and system and process controls for networking and computing services to meet or exceed customer expectations. The Information Technology Manager will serve as a central point of contact for multiple departments while managing multiple projects and vendors.
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for the ongoing management of IT Team, IT vendors, information security policies, procedures, and technical systems in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all organizational healthcare information systems. Actions and Accountability.
Essential Position Functions
1. Information Security Compliance Assessment, Audit and Monitoring
Plan and perform information security compliance projects, identify associated compliance gaps, risks and opportunities in client departments and operations.
2. Design, distribute, collect assessment surveys; enter results into database and summarize results.
3. Perform walk-throughs and onsite inspections.
4. Document issues, assess appropriateness of and advise on corrective action plans, and track remediation.
5. Advise and work with the risk assessment team on standard assessments of new projects.
6. Provide reports to management on information security compliance status.
7. Lead investigation of incidents, review logs, correlate events, document findings, interface with other teams.
8. Coordinate responses to external investigations and audits including production of requested documentation and other materials.
9. Serve as an information security resource for the organization on a wide range of applications, platforms and protocols such as Microsoft Windows, IIS, SQL Server, Linux, Mac OS, (Linux), mobile device encryption, firewalls, routers, switches, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, DICOM, application vulnerability scanning, etc.
10. Experience with Microsoft products including Office 365, SharePoint, and server operating systems.
11. Research and identify Information Security best practices.
12. Analyze proposed systems, projects and software for potential information security and privacy issues.
13. Analyze network scans and follow up with users on issues.
14. Research and evaluate new and emerging information security technology.
15. Assist Chief Information Officer in responding to any security incidents and other issues as required.
16. Create and maintain project plans for all active and future IT projects managing vendor tasks and communicating with management.
17. Create and maintain all site documentation. Organize all information related to IT vendors and site systems and keep information up to date.
18. Training and Training Content Development and Administration
19. Perform information security-related training as necessary for all areas of the organization.
20. Research and develop content for presentations, security bulletins, information security web pages and other training materials.
21. Make recommendations for information security strategies and assessments, audit and monitoring plan implementation in compliance with laws, regulations, contractual requirements and HIPAA policy.
22. Understand organization culture and incorporate this understanding into recommendations and proposals so they will achieve greatest results while building or maintaining agreement or consensus.
23. Actively continue professional education and maintain and expand professional competencies.
24. Directs, motivates, delegates and empowers staff in the successful performance of their tasks and responsibilities while encouraging innovation.
25. Provides coordination with other departments for hardware and software budgeting, acquisition, maintenance and control.
26. Leads the development and support of wide area networks (WAN) & local area network (LAN); plans and manages the primary network which supports IT traffic; and plans, manages and insures the systems integrity of hardware and software which supports IT telephone systems that facilitate the enterprise computing and communications requirements.
27. Directs the identification, technical evaluation, testing, validation strategic planning and implementation of new and existing software and emerging technologies to meet existing and expanding enterprise business requirements.
28. Provides video and graphics systems design and support.
29. Establishes product, direction, platform and networking standards and designs for the corporation.
30. Conducts monthly operational reviews of IT performance with executive team.
31. Provides proposal preparation and coordination for all IT business proposals and external contracts.
32. Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education.
33. Performs all responsibilities within the guidelines of enterprise policies and directives at or above the enterprise’s performance and evaluation standards.
34. Trains, supervises, assigns projects to, evaluates and is responsible for hiring/termination of staff to maintain optimum performance of job duties.
35. Onsite support maybe required during major storms or natural disaster events.
36. Travel up to 50% could be required. Must have reliable transportation.
· BS or BA degree in computer science, mathematics, healthcare, finance, or business administration or related field; or equivalent experience recommended.
· 10 years information technology experience with development of strategic initiatives and support operations with 5 years in a management role desired.
· Strong presentation and written communication skills.
· 5+ years of Information Security experience.
· Information Security certification preferred.
· Knowledge of information security issues and best practices.
· Analytical skills to evaluate current security practices, identify compliance gaps, and propose remediation.
· Experience in information security auditing or general compliance experience.
· Knowledge of Privacy and Security regulations; PCI Data Security Standards; NIST, ISO and/or other security standards.
· Ability to manage projects and vendors.
· Ability to understand and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of systems software operations.
Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Why Work Here?Private Company
Enjoyable working enviornment with room for growth.