Human Resources Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, National Material L.P. (“NMLP”) and its affiliates have a long history of quality and service dating back to 1964. Since its founding, the company has grown to over 30 business units and is now one of the largest privately held suppliers of metal related products in North America. NMLP currently consists of the Steel Group, Stainless and Alloys Group, Raw Material Trading Group, Aluminum Group, and Related Metals Operations Group. NMLP serves many industries throughout the globe – automotive, agriculture, aerospace, heavy truck, electrical energy, steel mill and foundry, defense, construction, industrial equipment and appliances. Please see the Company’s website, www.nmlp.com for more information.
The Human Resources Assistant will report directly to the VP of Human Resources and also support the Benefits Manager. This position will assist with recruiting, new hire orientation, benefits administration, and implementation of various HR related strategies across multiple Companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full cycle of recruiting including updating job descriptions, developing, and executing appropriate candidate sourcing strategies, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting basic phone screens and reference checks. Handle postings and recruiting for administrative roles in Chicagoland locations.
- Manage and update recruitment database, and post and manage open positions. Work with candidates from initial contact through new hire orientation.
- Build strong candidate pipelines for identified positions, including attending job fairs, schools, college services as identified including identifying user groups and professional associations which could lead to qualified candidates.
- Assist the Human Resources Team on a variety of HR projects, employee engagement programs, learning and development coordination, and general HR support.
- Provide ongoing employee benefit support including assistance with open enrollment, annual health fairs and employee benefit questions.
- Develop and distribute employee communications regarding the Company’s benefit offerings.
- Update and maintain records related to new hire, current, and terminated employees’ benefits includes but not limited to entering data into various vendor programs, maintaining reports, sending out letters, and billing.
- Assist with the development, coordination, and delivery of various learning & development opportunities.
- Assist in the administration of the Company’s talent management processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field.
- 1-3 years of Human Resources experience is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of benefits, recruiting, talent management or other related disciplines a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong proactive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel is preferred.
- Ability to create and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic.
- Outstanding time and task management.
- Knowledge of various recruiting sites such as LinkedIn and ZipRecruiter preferred
1965 Pratt Blvd.Elk Grove Village, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Private Company