The client accounts specialist will actively oversee aged client accounts receivable; communicate with attorneys and client accounts manager on the status of accounts, establish payments arrangements or resolve billing queries; provide invoice copies as requested by clients and attorneys; review and chase accounts until payment, escalated, or written off.
- Maintain client account collection activity records in tracking software.
- Regularly communicate account status with the accounts manager and attorneys.
- Prepare and distribute various AR reports to attorneys.
- Process Reminder Notice exemption requests and, as needed, reminder statements.
- Assist with information requests, account reconciliations or other financial analyses required by the Client Accounts Manager, attorney, or other finance manager.
- Escalate trouble debts to the client accounts manager that it be sent to the credit committee for review, and supervise the progression of the account to resolution.
- Process approved write-off requests.
- Communicate promptly to the collection manager extraordinary events which may require his/her involvement, such as the following:
- Any large value client collection problem.
- Any client inquiry that cannot be addressed by the client account specialist.
- Any client dispute, especially those that are sensitive or confrontational.
- Attorneys who do not cooperate with collection efforts.
- Client or attorney complaints which may involve you at any level.
Experience and Education Required
The client accounts specialist must be self-starting, goal oriented, and a good problem solver. Most important, must always act and maintain a professional disposition. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills. Proficient in Creditforce or similar collection software and MS Excel required; Experience with Elite Enterprise is preferred.
1-2 Years' experience in professional services or at law firm