Oversees and supervises the shift production functions, developing progressive plans for the improvement and maximization of resources and fulfilling capacity potential in conjunction with meeting or exceeding customer requirements and achieving profitability for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Direct production employees in activities, policies, practices, procedures, and quality output to meet or exceed customer requirements. Maximize efficiencies. Minimize costs through waste reduction, process improvements and other activities with employees working on the shift.
· Maintain scheduled production to meet customer quality and delivery expectations.
· Support/assist duties required for Quality through training employees for compliance to procedures. Recommend new procedure and system changes as needed for continuous improvement
· Insure quality verifications and checks are achieved in each department. Work with employees, QA, Department and Plant Manager to facilitate process improvements
· Supervise preventive maintenance activities in scheduled departments.
· Complete the Night Shift Supervisor plant tour checklist.
· Discuss important issues with Management for resolution.
· Provide team leadership to shift employees in a manner that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
· Participate in evaluating, hiring, and discipline of production workers.
· Interact with office and plant employees and when possible attend the New Business Meeting.
· Ensure all employees use assigned Personal Safety Equipment (PSE).
· Support Safety Program. Act as a First Responder.
· Participate with the plant CGMP Audits and AIB Sanitation inspections (when applicable).
· Support and direct continuous improvement activities in department/plant.
· Assist in the investigation of root causes and corrective/preventive actions for identified issues.
· Support and comply with policies and procedures in Century Box handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to work with prolong sitting or standing, able to walk up or down stairs, able to lift 30 pound, able to squat and bend at the waist, able to pass a color dichotomy test to distinguish colors and shades.
Able to speak and write in English, have knowledge of basic math and the use of measuring devices.
High School diploma or GED required. 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to maintain good attendance and punctuality.
Safety Polices and Practices
All employees are required to wear safety glasses and steel toe shoes while in the manufacturing area. Sound protection is required in plant and warehouse areas. Rules for employee conduct are covered in the employee orientation and in the employee handbook.