Growing manufacturing company in Montebello is adding to their team and has immediate opening for a talented Production Scheduler.
In this role you are responsible for ensuring a positive relationship with customers and vendors, schedules production and plans for the purchase of raw materials, shipping of finished product, the return of the unused product, and/or dunnage at the completion of each production run. Supports the continuous improvement throughout the production process to ensure customer expectations and efficiency goals are met.
- · Support supply chain management: monitor inventory levels, scheduling freight, processing purchase orders, filing, data entry, answering phones, and other clerical duties
- · Maintain account relationships by providing the best level of customer service to ensure customer orders are met and confidentiality is maintained
- · Coordinate scheduling of production based on the availability of line time, raw materials, and customer orders
- · Work with quality to ensure that all customer specifications are met with each production
- · Maintain and update physical inventory related to all vendor and company product by physically verifying items available on the warehouse floor and accurately communicating quantities available daily
- · Track orders and deliveries of materials and ingredients through maintaining positive communications with vendors and suppliers
- · Transportation and set up for orders, preparing bills of lading, tracking/tracing orders once shipped, updating order board to reflect the current status of orders
- · Examine open purchase orders daily and proactively resolve all related issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule
- · Coordinate communication with managers, supervisors, and warehouse to ensure that all departments understand the customer expectations of the production run; after-hours availability for production inquiries required
- · Commitment to accuracy and eagerness for resolving errors and problems ensuring the integrity of inventory counts
- · Ability to rectify discrepancies by verifying transactions, sales, promotions, inventory, shipments, and product in the process
- · Accurately entering data into various enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Supply management experience in production/manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Demonstrate basic scheduling and logistics experience.
- Prior experience building vendor relationships, organizational skills, customer service, accurate documentation, cost accounting, and manufacturing methods and procedures, attention to detail, reporting and researching skills
- Prior experience using Microsoft Dynamics, SAP or other ERP
- Proficient in Adobe, Word, and Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write, and understand English
- Occasional carrying and lifting up to 15 pounds
- Climb, bend, reach, walk and stand occasionally to perform various office tasks and warehouse inventory