Facilities: The Cleveland Country Club is a private, full-service country club established in 1927 located in Shelby, North Carolina. The facility includes an 18-hole golf course, 8 tennis courts, swimming pool complex, banquet facilities and member dining inside the historic clubhouse. The club is experiencing a rejuvenation since it was acquired by a new member equity group in May of 2019. As part of the capital spending plan all the existing tennis courts were refurbished, the golf course bunkers were just redone with the latest technology, the clubhouse is currently being painted and the parking lot resurfacing will commence when painting is complete. The club is also in the final phases of selecting the right member dining proposal for the renovation of the clubhouse dining. The club has added 30+ members since June 1 with the expectations to add another 25 before year end. The club is looking for a General Manager who is willing to learn and grow with the club and lead the club into the future. www.clevelandcountryclub.com
The GM is responsible for all departments delivering a very satisfying Member experience, meeting/exceeding established performance metrics and operating according to Club policies and procedures. He or She works closely with the management company and the Club’s Board of Directors to achieve short-term objectives and ensure the long-term vitality of the Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Club Ambassador: Maintain active and positive involvement with all Members. Work closely with the Board of Directors to ensure alignment on financial and operational priorities. Approve all communications to Members and external audiences. Represent the Club in the communities in which the club operates.
- Operational Execution: Provide Members a great experience by ensuring that all departments deliver high-quality products with high-quality service in every transaction or interaction with Members.
- Facilities Management: Provide Members an inviting environment by ensuring all routine cleaning, preventative maintenance and repair work is appropriate and completed expeditiously.
- Hiring & On-Boarding: Conduct all recruiting and hiring in compliance with state/federal labor laws and Club policies. Approve all employment offers including hiring terms and compensation. Ensure all newly hired employees complete the new employee orientation program.
- Training and Development: Ensure all employees are properly trained and/or certified to successfully perform their duties. Identify high-potential employees and prepare development plans to foster their growth.
- Staffing: Ensure departments are properly staffed to meet Member demand. Strive for 0% vacancy at department head level. Identify internal and external candidates to backfill department head positions. Fill department head vacancies immediately.
- Performance Management: Lead the performance management process including setting department head objectives, administering annual performance appraisals and calculating merit increases and bonus payouts.
Processes & Procedures
- Budgeting: Lead annual budgeting process and deliver to the Board an annual operating budget that achieves both Member experience and performance metrics. Approve all department budgets and capital budgets.
- Financial Management: Monitor and track Club and department financial performance across the appropriate time horizons to ensure budgets are met. Analyze and present monthly financial results including variance analyses, balance-of-year forecasts and recommendations for operating adjustments needed achieve budget.
- Market Intelligence: Lead intelligence gathering to gain a solid understanding of Member and prospective member wants and needs, competitor club offerings and pricing and the Club’s market position.
- Capital Management: Manage all capital projects including RFP preparation, bid evaluation, contractor selection, contract negotiation and timeline and budget tracking.
- Legal Compliance: Ensure all permits, licenses, fees, taxes and/or assessments, comply with federal, state and local requirements.
Tools and Technology
- Current: Ensure available tools and technologies are current and being consistently used.
: Keep current with and recommend new tools and technologies that could improve Member experience and operational execution.
Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Team Player, Drive / Energy, Results / Goal Oriented, Functional Skills and Industry Knowledge
Position Specific Competencies: Communication, Culture Management, Interpersonal Skills Planning/Organizing Skills, Leadership/Impact, People Management Skills. Decisiveness, Judgment and Strategic Thinking
1. Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or hospitality management
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a general management or assistant general manager experience with responsibility for operating costs, multiple departments, revenues of $3+ million and 40+ employees
- Golf, hospitality and/or service industry experience highly preferred
3. Physical Requirements (The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height
- Frequent bending turning, kneeling and stooping
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry
- Must be able to operate a golf cart in a safe manner
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required
Please email all resumes to email@example.com