Private Chef Club San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is remote within +/- 4 hours of PST, with occasional travel to San Francisco (when travel is possible again).
As our first product manager, you will work with our executive team to help drive product strategy. You’ll also be responsible for developing and managing our product roadmap. You will work alongside our technical lead and engineering team to make key product decisions. You’ll be responsible for designing software that creates a new economic opportunity for culinary professionals and makes ordering dinner as simple and easy as possible.
* Work with our leadership team to set big picture product strategy
* Understand broader product market positioning/fit
* Understand the customer experience through qualitative and quantitative research. Constantly bring the voice of the customer to product discussions
* Own the development and execution of our product roadmap, from customer research to prioritization to conceptualization to design
* Collaborate closely with our engineering team to deliver features that make an impact on customers
We’re on a mission to make dinner easier and healthier than ever, and our first Product Manager will play a critical role in making this vision a reality. Our engineering team is entirely remote with our tech lead based in New Zealand. However, our executive, operations and culinary staff are based in San Francisco.
* Passionate about our mission to empower culinary entrepreneurs and make dinner easier than ever
* At least 3-5 years in a product manager role at a fast-growth technology company
* Proven ability to lead high-output product sprints
* Ability to inform and evaluate technical engineering decisions
* Analytical mindset, creativity, and curiosity
* Empathy for customers and excited to make customers’ lives easier
* Experience in a remote role, or demonstrated success in self directed work
* Product design experience (UX research, wireframing etc) is a plus but not required
* Technical background is a plus but not required
Why you’ll love Private Chef Club
* Join a small, scrappy team solving hard problems at the intersection of food and logistics.
* Work on tasks driven clearly by customer needs. Our customers often rave about our service and new features we ship.
* We work at a sustainable pace, we keep out of hours alerts to a minimum and fix bugs before building new features.
* We started this company in search of a better way to feed our families. Much of the company's leadership are parents to small children. We understand what it takes to balance a career and parenthood.
* Work remotely from anywhere within 4 hours of PST (UTC-4 to UTC+/-12)
We are committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. Our customers are not all the same, and our technical team shouldn’t be either. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
The hiring manager for this role is our CEO, Andrew Chapin.
There are no right answers or cookie-cutter expectations. A cover letter is not required, but those that clearly demonstrate how Private Chef Club would be a great fit for you and how you would be a great fit for us will be given full attention and are highly appreciated.
We appreciate your consideration in having Private Chef Club be part of your career. Our open conversation starts with this post. We look forward to hearing from you.