Private behavioral health care organization is seeking a Medical Biller to be responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments and submitting claims and following up with insurance companies and other third party payers.
Job Tasks to Include (but are not limited to):
1. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies electronically.
2. Answers questions from clients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
3. Identifies and resolves client and insurance billing complaints.
4. Prepares, reviews and sends client statements
5. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
6. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the VP Business Operations, also prepares information for the collection agency.
7. Performs daily backups on office computer system
8. Performs various collection actions including contacting clients and insurance companies by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
9. Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily deposit.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
1. Two (2) plus years of medical billing/collection practices for behavioral health. (Billing for a substance abuse treatment center a plus.)
2. Knowledge of facility based (UBO4 billing).
3. Manual / electronic medical billing experience.
4. Knowledge of medical coding for behavioral health.
5. Experience handling insurance contracts.
6. Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
7. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system, read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients,
employees and the public.
9. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Full time benefits available!
Strict drug-free environment. EOE.