We are a fashion forward apparel company with great culture, awesomely talented team, super cool office with a fun and creative atmosphere. We are moving in a new direction and seeking an experienced Independent Sales Representative to generate and manage sales in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. Candidate can be based anywhere within the sales territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales goals & budget on a seasonal basis.
- Open targeted new accounts in respected territories, as well as maintain and grow existing accounts.
- Work with the Sales Manager to keep them up to date on their overall business.
- Evaluate and suggest accounts for growth and market strength.
- Visit accounts regularly to show seasonal collections and capture at once re-order business.
- Conduct in-season follow up calls with key accounts to lock in seasonal orders and capture at once re-order business.
- Educate and inform accounts on the brand, news, events, specials, etc.
- Assist in retail marketing with key events within the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows in assigned territory.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed specified sales quotas and revenue targets, prospecting and developing new and existing accounts, and growing strategic relationships.
- Must have substantial knowledge of apparel and the fashion industry.
- Experienced with time, territory and call cycle management.
- Excellent organizational and reporting abilities, with weekly reports to management.
- High energy, stamina and resourcefulness with the ability to be on the road 5 days or more per week.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to carry and lift multiple sample bags weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete sales forms, documents, and reports in a timely manner.
- Attend sales meetings as necessary.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective way with accounts and management.
- Strong presentation and sales skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to overcome obstacles and come from a point of solution.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years sales experience, preferably in apparel/fashion industry, with demonstrated experience growing territories
- Experience on the road covering multiple states in an apparel or DME related position.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in an autonomous environment with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to prioritize daily, weekly and monthly workload - Working knowledge of the industries we serve is required.
Job Type: Open to Independent Sales (Commission only)