The Director of eCommerce is responsible for driving the overall eCommerce and DTC strategy, online demand generation through paid and organic, web analytics, website customer experience and engagement, and overall growth of online business.
Essential Functions Statements
· Team Leadership: Building and managing the eCommerce team, which will include website specialists, digital marketing coordinators, Email/SMS specialists, Paid advertising coordinators, and 3rd party design/development agencies. Work closely with the marketing team to achieve sales and brand building goals in support of the company sales goals. Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices.
· Strategy: Set overall strategy and roadmap for the user experience, one that blends great content with efficient brand building and end user navigation. Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking.
· Marketing: Lead internal digital marketing team and external agency teams in developing and optimizing a marketing program that includes SEM, paid advertising, email newsletters, SMS. Web push notification, affiliate program, etc.
· Site Optimization: Work closely with internal and external website team to test new enhancements and adjust strategies to optimize customer experience and business results. Understand and implement SEO best practices. Monitor site performance to identify issues and bring to resolution.
Qualifications and Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or related field
· 5-7+ years of digital marketing experience
· Ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
· Solid understanding of Google Analytics and ecommerce metrics
· Experience building email and advertising campaigns
· Experience with Ecommerce website platforms
. Experience with B2B and B2C eCommerce.
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· An ability to multi-task and work on several projects at once