Legislative Research Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Want to make a difference? Join an organization that has been transforming lives for over 40 years!
Prison Fellowship® trains and inspires churches and communities—inside and outside of prison—to support the restoration of those affected by incarceration. We equip correctional leaders, volunteers, and incarcerated men and women to make prisons more rehabilitative places; we advocate for a more restorative criminal justice system; and we collaborate with churches and local service providers to support former prisoners, their families, and their communities.
What we are looking for:
A driven and mission focused Research Associate to perform legislative research and analysis in support of the organization's advocacy and public policy goals. You will play an instrumental part in contributing to the production of high-quality criminal justice research products and messaging. You will assist with timely requests for data and other information that supports national initiatives, legislative campaigns, media interviews and more. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of basic principles of the Christian faith and meet the following job qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in public policy, legal, legislative or related field with demonstrated ability in research and policy analysis; experience working with a think tank or as a legislative committee staffer preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in public policy, political science, criminal justice or related field required; Juris doctorate preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe, legislative research and bill tracking; Math and statistical analysis skills a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- This is a remote/work from home position
What we offer:
A team oriented, mission driven, supportive environment with cutting edge technology solutions and tremendous opportunity for growth and development. Our outstanding benefits package includes paid leave starting at 39 days (14 holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days), retirement account funding and much more!
Visit our website to apply and to learn more about Prison Fellowship and check out our YouTube channel to see how Prison Fellowship is transforming lives!
Powered by JazzHR
ScienceView all jobs at Prison Fellowship