Field Director (Eastern Pennsylvania)
- Posted: over a month ago
Want to make a difference? Join an organization that has been transforming lives for over 40 years!
As a Christian non-profit, Prison Fellowship® trains and inspires churches and communities—inside and outside of prison—to support the restoration of those affected by incarceration. We equip correctional leaders, volunteers, and incarcerated men and women to make prisons more rehabilitative places; we advocate for a more restorative criminal justice system; and we collaborate with churches and local service providers to support former prisoners, their families, and their communities.
Prison Fellowship® is an organization committed to the highest standards of conduct, ethics and Christian values. Our conduct is guided by and grounded in the Bible, as reflected in our Statement of Faith below.
What We are Looking For
A driven and mission focused Field Director in the Eastern Pennsylvania area to equip and mobilize local churches to identify and meet the needs of prisoners and their families. This key role will build, maintain, and enhance relationships with church-based volunteers, pastors, DOC staff, prison chaplains, etc. You will develop, manage, and coach teams of volunteers to meet ministry goals while promoting teamwork and personal spiritual development. Other requirements include:
- A solid understanding of the basic principles of the Christian faith
- 2+ years of sales and territory management
- 2+ years of experience building effective teams
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong demonstrated ability to develop personal networking relationships
- Intermediate computer skills including ability to learn new technology
- Knowledge and application of fundraising
- Demonstrated competency in collaboration, humility, perseverance, adaptability
- Ability to base work from a home office with minimum supervision and function in regional team
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-racially, cross-culturally, and cross-denominationally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- This is a remote position with a heavy travel component
- Region may require employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates for this position may be asked to submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.
What We Offer
A team oriented, mission driven, supportive environment with cutting edge technology solutions and tremendous opportunity for growth and development. Our outstanding benefits package includes paid leave starting at 39 days (14 holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days), retirement account funding and much more!
Visit the employment page on our website to learn more about Prison Fellowship.
Check out our YouTube channel to see how Prison Fellowship is transforming lives!
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
The Foundation of What We Believe
As a Christian organization, Prison Fellowship believes in the full authority of the Bible as God’s inspired word and the complete tenets of the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creeds.
We believe in one God, Creator and Lord of the Universe, the co-eternal Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary atoning death on the cross, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven where, as truly God and truly man, He is the only mediator between God and man. We believe that the Bible is God’s authoritative and inspired Word, without error in all its teachings.
How We Are Compelled to Live and to Act
We believe that Christians, both individually and corporately, must submit to the Bible, as God’s authoritative, divine and inspired Word, in all matters of belief and conduct.
How Our Mission and Our Approach is Shaped
Prison Fellowship exists to bring glory to God and share His truth and love with those we serve, our employees, volunteers, and communities, according to scriptural truths.
Our Mission is to help restore those affected by crime and incarceration. This Mission is founded on the biblical conviction that all people are created in God's image and that no life is beyond God's reach.
Therefore, we believe that a restorative approach to prisoners, former prisoners, and all those affected by crime and incarceration reflects the God-given dignity and potential of every person and can help individual lives and communities flourish.
What the Hope of Jesus Means for Others
We believe that Jesus—Himself brought to trial, executed, buried, and brought to life again—offers hope, healing, and a new purpose for each life. He can make even the most broken people and situations affected by crime and incarceration whole again.
What This Means for Communities
Through an amazing awakening to new hope and life purpose available through Jesus, those who once broke the law are transformed and mobilized to serve their neighbors, replacing the cycle of crime with a cycle of renewal that restores entire communities. Because the Bible calls us to remember and visit those in prison, we believe that every Christian is compelled to contribute to this restorative cycle.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Prison Fellowship
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?