Important Notice: You MUST apply at our website at https://prismview.com/company/careers-2/
Structural Engineer will support, plan, design and implement assigned design projects. In this role, you will work with team members and customers to understand the scope and needs of specific projects. You will develop the project design strategy within financial budget guidelines, including analysis, drafting, reviewing product design for compliance and safety adherence, and customer contractual requirements. You will be expected to wear multiple hats as needed to support each project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis – Use domestic and international building codes, standards and engineering principles to design analyze structures, connections, and components using analytic and computational methods. Thoroughly study, research and compute to account for design load like Wind, Snow, Seismic etc. and safety for a project with specified location using national and international country design codes
- Product design – Design the sign structure using various engineering principles for hot rolled and cold formed steel, aluminum and other materials, study site conditions to select the correct components or systems required for a project
- Project BOM – Based on the project design, define and create bill of materials of components required for projects.
- Customer service – Work with internal and external customer as primary technical consultant, communicate between teams, create design and reports
- Drafting – Draft and/or work with drafting team for all drafting work for projects using AutoCAD or Inventor.
- Project scheduling – On time schedule of engineering drawings and document preparation, calculations, and resources necessary for the project
- Project changes – Work with customers, project managers, manufacturing and engineers to implement change requests from customers. Work with the customer on product change suggestions and improvements. Responsible for communicating any product changes to the customer when necessary
- Site Visits – Troubleshoot, analyze, and/or assist as a technical person to project managers, service team for periods of 1-5 days in general at short notice. Travel may include up to 20% annually
- Testing – Test or assist with testing by providing structural loads of systems or components, as needed
- Technical Writing – Detailed design and calculation reports, internal and external facing presentations, formal responses for project quotes. Assist with other departmental needs as required
Training and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Preferred fields of study are Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering
- May substitute advanced degree in target fields of study for 2 years of experience
- 4+ years experience Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience with FEA structural analysis and design software
- Skilled in structural and mechanical calculations using country specific engineering principles and methods, with knowledge in Finite Element Analysis software like SAP2000, STAAD or similar programs
- Design experience with structural components, steel structures and structural connections
- Strong knowledge of national and international building codes for load calculations, design and engineering principles (i.e. American design codes; ASCE, AISC, IBC, AISI, and ability to understand various other countries’ building codes as required to design the projects)
- Strong ability to present and defend your design, analysis, and estimation through good review practices and engineering principles
- Must be able to analyze, optimize, and compare/contrast various designs for function and cost
- RISA-3D software experience
- PE registration or eligibility for registration
- Attention to detail.
- Have strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Results oriented.
Responsibility, Accountability, and Supervisory Responsibilities:
Accountable for executing project designs according to approved project plans. Receives direction form the Department Manager. This position may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
Requires a high level of resourcefulness and sound judgment.
Requires a moderate level of creativity in developing ideas on a regular basis.
Communication, Negotiation, and Networking Skills
The job requires written and verbal communication skills on the level of a college graduate (including spelling). Ability to lead and moderate crucial discussions, maintaining respect of others and keeping emotions in check while driving to a resolution. Requires one to be skilled in negotiation, including negotiation with other personnel and with other firms in defined areas. Requires the ability to network effectively within and outside the company.
We maintain a drug free workplace. Prismview is an EEO employer. We welcome all qualified jobseekers. Jobseekers will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
Don't forget to follow Prismview on LinkedIn and Instagram Prismview LED to see why we are one of the fiercest contenders in the large-scale LED display industry and to keep up to date on our latest career opportunities!!