Glidewell Laboratories is the industry leader in dental technology due to our agility, speed, and cutting edge technology. We work in a fast-paced and highly sought-after employee-friendly work environment. Behind all of this success is an amazing group of people who are passionate about bringing innovation to the marketplace, while providing quality and affordability to better the lives of people all over the world. If you share in our passion for teamwork and a vision for excellence, let's talk about a rewarding career at Glidewell!
In addition are the following generous employee benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match, company-paid life insurance, additional onsite dental services, vacation, holiday, and sick time, employee gym (with fitness classes and meditation room), employee medical/wellness center (with massage therapy and acupuncture), two company subsidized cafes, Internet cafes, employee lounges with big screen TVs, game tables, fun company sponsored events, a diverse work environment with over forty nationalities represented, and much more!
Purpose of position:
Designs and develops products and mechanical systems. Provides support to other engineers and production in completing projects and maintaining existing systems. Responsible for completing projects of limited scope and complexity
- Creates layouts, sketches and notes to be used during product design process.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, and conformity to Company standards.
- Develops and designs products using CAD software and drafting tools.
- Investigates and develops solutions to problems of significant scope and complexity; drafts reports detailing investigations, problems, and solutions.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining reliability compliance processes and procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Creates, revises and implements production operating procedures.
- Reviews product specifications and determines design requirements and scope of work.
- Generates design concepts in conformance with product specifications and established engineering principles.
- Responsible for some phases of product development, which may range from defining customer requirements and designing concepts to manufacturing transfer and product launch.
- Provides technical and mechanical support to production departments.
- Identifies opportunities for product and process improvements.
- Assists in risk management activities for medical devices.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at the direction of management.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an Engineering position or internship. In lieu of experience, a Master’s degree may offset two (2) years of experience and a PhD may offset three (3) years of experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Biomedical. Advanced degree is preferred
- Must have strong written skills to convey complex technical concepts in concise written form.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and applicable technical information.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and compose written materials with proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical diagrams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of tools used in maintaining and repairing mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical system and product design and development.
- Knowledge of applicable FDA guidance documents, Design Control, and ISO (13485) Standards.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics and physics concepts.
- Knowledge of basic dental implantology and basic dental laboratory processes.
- Proficient skills creating designs using CAD/CAM software, such as SolidWorks.
- Proficient skills analyzing designs using computer simulations and calculations.
- Proficient skills in the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, models, diagrams, and graphs.
- Ability to read and interpret the contextual meaning of data.
- Possess mechanical and electrical skills to assist in resolving production related problems.