Cost Accountant (Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm)
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provides trends and forecasts, explains processes and techniques, and provides recommendations for action.
- Plans, collects, and analyzes data such as raw material purchases, labor, and overhead to determine costs of business activities.
- Researches and analyzes independently and proactively changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs; analyzes costs associated with make versus buy.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs, identifying drivers of variances.
- Works closely with manufacturing and operation managers from multiple departments to provide support and guidance as it relates to inventories, costing, financial analysis, and continuous improvement.
- Develops cost effective solutions that can be implemented after analyzing the data, reviewing the processes, and finalizing the reports to present.
- Develops and monitors metrics for major inventory and cost drivers. Monitors and reconciles inventory reserves and obsolescence.
- Maintains cost accounting system and its integrity in multiple databases, including bill of materials and standard costs, updates costs as appropriate.
- Conducts inventory reconciliations and reports variances in budgeted/planned costs and actual costs incurred.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data, making comparative analyses, and studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Confirms costs incurred by collecting, interpreting, and reporting data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Prepares financial statements based on data collected for given time periods.
- Provides support and assistance in performing general accounting duties.
- Contributes to team efforts by completing department and team objectives as needed.
- Stays abreast with federal and state regulations.
- Creates reports of financials for assigned product lines. Presents reports to manufacturing leadership and executive leadership on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
- Establishes ERP Cost Management needs via business process analysis and comparison with existing infrastructure. Performs Cost Accounting system enhancements.
- Creates Cost Management software documentation after a thorough collaboration with subject matter experts and operational staff.
- Writes user-friendly content that meets the needs of target audience, turning insights into language for user success.
- Develops organizational standards and evaluates current content to develop innovative methods for improvement of financial systems.
- Prepares operational process updates and documents system processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in cost accounting or accounting management.
- At least two (2) years of experience as an ERP implementation specialist in a related industry.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP development tools, financial, inventory and cost accounting modules.
Finance and InsuranceView All Prismatik Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.