Project Analyst II
Prism Maritime Chesapeake, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Project Analyst II
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of duties – Prism Maritime, LLC is currently seeking a Project Analyst II to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. The Project Analyst II has a thorough understanding of Project Management tools and techniques. Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of plans, WBSs, POA&Ms, Staffing Plans, EVM reports, Risk Identification and Response Plans, Communication plans, and interprets cost analysis information. Also responsible for a secondary review of all planned, committed, and expended purchases, associated travel, sub-contract and labor hours for the project.
Specific description of duties
- Exceptional verbal, written and organization skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Analyze estimates against historical and real time data; identifies and investigates reasons for differences/deltas.
- Provides EVM metrics using the WBS, POA&M and task status provided by the Installation Supervisor.
- Provide reports on excess material using a Material Management System, Financial Accounting system, and input from the Material Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Runs Project Expenditure Reports, monitors Labor / Material / Subcontractor /Travel and Other Direct Charges and commitments; informs the Project Manager of possible discrepancies along with recommended corrective action.
- Submits CDRs / CORNs.
- Able to analyze, evaluate, and compile information and data in order to develop and make recommendation for solutions to problems or issues.
- Runs and provides reports on the task technical status for inclusion in weekly and monthly reports.
- Provides material status by collecting data from a Material Management System, project accounting software, and input from the Material Coordinator and Purchasing Manager.
- Analyzes and provides the Project Manager with a report on the availability of resources.
- Works with the Project Manager to develop an estimate to complete (ETC), ensuring that all applicable elements are accounted for; informs the Project Manager when ETCs have been created.
- Archives files upon task completion.
- Monitors the status of deliverables and informs the Project Manager on upcoming deliverables.
- Provides information for Task Order Closeout reports.
- Maintain accurate documentation of data and statistics (ie: graphs) of cost analysis
- Occasional travel outside the local area may be required.
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization's mission, objectives and goals.
- Three to six (3-6) Years’ Experience in this or similar field required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline desired but not required.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Skilled in analyzing and interpreting cost trends
- Have a firm working knowledge of Deltek/GCS
- In-depth knowledge of Defense Contracting Accounting Principles (FAR and DFAR)
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations, policies and guidance.
- Excellent organizational ability and detail-oriented approach to assigned tasks.
- Strong corporate communication skills and ability to problem-solve and collaborate professionally with multiple departments.
- Clearance up to secret level may be required.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
- Physical requirements may include the following: May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.
TechnologyView all jobs at Prism Maritime