Program Manager II
- Expired: June 29, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Program Manager II
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of duties - Prism Maritime, LLC is currently seeking a Program Manager (level II) to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. The Program Manager (level II) assists the Senior Program Manager (SPM) and is empowered to act for the SPM in his / her absence. The Program Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Program Management Office and ensures efficiency in administration of tasks.
Specific description of duties:
- Compile, review, and submit estimates.
- Prepares EVM reports including the analysis and explanation of cost and schedule variances .
- Selects the best company and subcontractor resources to perform delivery orders.
- Provides training in project management tools and techniques.
- Prepares Limitation of funds notifications (75% letters).
- Task Subcontractors.
- Receive CDR Modification / Rejection notices from Government representative and work to acceptable resolution.
- Communicate policies to ensure best practices are shared.
- Submit modifications for de-obligation of funds and assist in Task Order financial closeout reporting.
- Interface with project personnel, address discrepancies, and develop resolution including accessing corporate resources and needs.
- Work with subcontractors to ensure compliance with safety.
- Prepare and submit monthly and weekly progress reports.
- Ensure contract deliverables meet schedule requirements.
- Verify subcontractor QA programs conform to contract requirements including special emphasis on welding programs.
- Submit CDRs / CORNs for subcontractor identified discrepancies.
- Monitors subcontractor QA programs for continued compliance with contract requirements including special emphasis on welding programs.
- Review, analyze, and submit status reports prepared by project personnel.
- Validate subcontractor invoices for consistency with authorization.
- Compiles and provides data for Task Order Closeout.
- Occasional travel outside the local area may be required.
- Possession of an active State Driver's License is required.
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization's mission, objectives and goals.
- High School diploma or GED mandatory
- Master's degree and four years, or Bachelor's degree and eight years, or Associates degree and twelve years, or fifteen years related experience. Degree should be in Engineering, Management, or a related field.
- Eight years' experience in managing federal Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Price and / or Time & Material contracts.
- Eight years' experience in the acquisition, installation, and life cycle support of military command, control, communication, computer, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems and equipment.
- Clearance level up to SECRET level may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
Physical requirements may include the following:
- Lifting/moving up to and including 50 pounds
- Routinely climbing several flights of stairs
- Performing tasks in confined spaces
Our work is primarily onboard naval vessels that may include variables of physical activity, i.e. stooping, climbing, walking, etc.
In performing these duties, you may be required to work outdoors. You will experience temperature variations, extremely loud noises and other physical hazards.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.
BusinessView all jobs at Prism Maritime