Field Engineer II (Piping Program)
Prism Maritime Chesapeake, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Field Engineer II (Piping Program)
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Summary of duties – Prism Maritime, LLC is currently seeking Field Engineer II (Piping Program) to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. The Field Engineer II applies an extensive knowledge of piping in engineering design, analysis, evaluation, and development of engineering and technical documentation and reports. Provides senior technical support to the Project Manager in such areas as task leadership, research, design, development, material identification and procurement support, inventory management, installation, and testing. Exercises discretion and independent judgment of a professional nature to complete engineering tasks. Serves in lieu of, or in conjunction with, engineers in the completion of engineering assignments. Recommends changes and refinements for continuous process improvement. Can act as deck plate Project Manager, Program Manager or Installation Supervisor. Periodically required to lift/move equipment up to and including 50 pounds.
Specific description of duties:
- Assumes leadership of subordinates
- Assists in the development of Installation Design Packages
- Identifies problem areas and provides Condition Discrepancy Reports, Change Order Request Notices, and/or Liaison Action Request preparation
- Assists in the development of technical manuals and specifications for systems and equipment
- Identifies, analyzes, reports on, and corrects causes of equipment and systems failures
- Researches and selects pertinent equipment / material
- Conducts briefings and presentations
- Performs engineering, quality, and safety audit / inspections
- Provides technical expertise and support on installation and production
- Conducts pre and post installation testing
- Provides project status reports including EVM metrics
- Versed in piping rip out, fitting, installation, test and or versed in all phases of hot work procedures, operations and inspection criteria
- Provides final task status for Task Order Closeout reports
- Overtime, to include weekend work, and travel outside the local areas is routinely required but not guaranteed
- Manage/maintain QAWB
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field and one year or Associates degree and six years relative experience, or ten years directly related experience.
- Degree should be in Engineering, Management, or a technically relatable field.
- Non-degreed personnel must have ten years’ technical experience in installation modification, field change, operation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair of piping systems or NAVSEA governed hot work items in accordance with Military Standard procedures.
- Clearance up to Secret level may be required.
Certifications/Licenses (as required for the task being performed)
- Brazing qualified
- Lokring install/inspect certified
- Fire watch certification
- Comprehensive structural blueprint interpretation
- Comprehensive understating of all hot work requirements in reference to shipboard alterations
- Possession of a valid State Drivers’ License
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements:
Physical requirements include the following:
- Lifting/moving up to and including 50 pounds
- Routinely climbing several flights of stairs
- Performing tasks in confined spaces
Our work is primarily onboard naval vessels that may include variables of physical activity, i.e. stooping, climbing, walking, etc.
In performing these duties, you may be required to work outdoors. You will experience temperature variations, extremely loud noises and other physical hazards.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.
EngineeringView all jobs at Prism Maritime