IT Help Desk Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Helpdesk Supervisor will oversee a team of 4+ employees serving as a mentor, providing guidance, enforcing metrics, and making sure operations are running smoothly. The IT Helpdesk Supervisor will also be hands on providing technical assistance.Responsibilities
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of ticketing queue to ensure incidents and service requests are handled in a timely manner, well enforcing KPIs and Lead others on the Service Desk.
- Review pending Service Requests for IT Infrastructure team and make corresponding decision whether to approve, deny, or cancel.
- Work with IT Operations team to develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels, including issue identification, assignment, documentation, and resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point to the Helpdesk team to assist with complex technical issues that may need to be transferred to another team.
- Problem investigation, troubleshooting and resolution
- Coordinate daily team schedule to ensure appropriate coverage is maintained to handle end user support volume from phone calls, emails, and self-service tickets.
- Act as a liaison to other departments within PHNTX to assist with special IT needs, receive feedback, and improve end user experience.
- Provide direction by coaching and mentoring staff and celebrate accomplishments.
- Communicate job expectations, enforce policies and procedures, and provide feedback to the Helpdesk team.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees while also maintaining a safe and secure work environment and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Actively support the achievement of PHNTX’s Vision and Goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
IT Support Desk Technician PersonalRequired SkillsRequired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic working knowledge of Internet, e-mail, system security, server support in a MS Windows environment, telecommunications, and data communications
- Advance knowledge of MS Office/O365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Teams).
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree, or equivalent career experience.
- Four (4) to Five (5) years working in an IT Help Desk Environment, or equivalent career experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a helpdesk or IT customer support preferred.
- Experience in a medical office / healthcare environment with electronic medical record (EMR) preferred.
Prism Health North Texas
TechnologyView all jobs at Prism Health North Texas