Priority Health Care Marrero, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant Supervised by: Clinic Site Lead
Prepared by: Human Resources Approved by: CEO and Board of Directors
Date: __ ____________________________
*****APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF THREE YEARS DIRECT MEDICAL ASSISTANT EXPERIENCE*****
Responsible for rendering safe nursing care to patients, general patient support, and data entry. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, education, safety and related criteria for the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist patients, as necessary with walking, transferring, and dressing, collecting specimens, and preparing for exam.
- Collects pertinent patient history information consistent with organization guidelines
- Performs screenings consistent with provider guidelines.
- Assists physician/nurse practitioners with various procedures.
- Documents observations and actions taken in the patient chart.
- Relays instructions from providers to patients/families consistent with provider guidelines and consistent with age-appropriate needs of patient.
- Prepares instruments and equipment needed for exams consistent with department protocol.
- Cleans exam and procedure rooms between patients.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments/equipment according to scheduled maintenance and infection control, policies and procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations consistent with level of training.
- Checks schedules and organizes patient flow.
- Sends/receives patient medical records.
- Completes forms and requisitions as needed.
- Carries out activities associated with routine management of the medical record including ensuring accurate and complete filing of reports, forms and the record.
- Participates in professional activities to maintain quality health care for patients served by the facility.
- Effectively communicates with health care team members and other staff within the facility and the community to provide quality services.
- Observes and maintains clinic policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Supports current organizational initiatives and exhibits creativity and flexibility in times of change.
- Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning activities to maintain and develop clinical/administrative and professional skills and knowledge.
- Promotes, models, mentors, and leads customer service excellence.
- Communicates consistently with Clinic Care Manger and other providers on operational and oversight issues.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED. Certificate in Medical Assisting. At least one (1) year office experience in dealing with the public; pleasant telephone etiquette; ability to deal tactfully and effectively with patients; must be computer literate.
Powered by JazzHR