Vice President of IT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Prinova, WE LOVE FOOD! We are a billion dollar company with over 40 years in the food industry. As a leading global supplier and manufacturer of functional food ingredients, flavors, and aromas, we help our clients with their various food, beverage, and sports nutrition solutions. With CUSTOMER FOCUS as our central core value, we put pride in our work to ensure the end user has a quality product.
Awarded national recognition with Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2022, Prinova has proven to be "an employer of choice." This award singles out companies with excellent HR practices and employee appreciation. Following the FISH® philosophy, Prinova strives to create memorable work interactions, foster community involvement, and encourage professional growth.
Apply today to explore your future career at Prinova - one of the Nation's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Vice President of IT
Location: Hanover Park, IL
The VP of IT will develop, plan, and implement an information technology (IT) strategy that meets the company’s business needs, enables growth and flexibility, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security. Responsibilities for this position include managing the overall budget, resource accountability for all requisite departmental capabilities, including application development / management, e-commerce, infrastructure operations, security, vendor management, help desk, and other functional services. This role is equal parts strategy and execution, with the forward thinking grounded in financial ROI paired with day-to-day execution discipline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish a partnership environment where IT and Business Operations coexist to serve the business; provide stewardship for technology enablement as it applies to Warehousing, Operations, Finance, Vendor Management and back office functions.
- Identify new IT developments and technologies; anticipates resulting organizational modifications.
- Ensure that IT and network infrastructure adequately support the company’s computing, data processing, and communications needs.
- Develop a strategic technology roadmap in collaboration with Executive Management team & Department leads for the IT Department; evaluate the current enterprise architecture footprint and develop a plan to address current issues and strategic needs grounded in ROI targets.
- Communicate goals, projects, and timelines of the company to the department; plans ways to execute those goals within the department.
- Establish long-term IT needs and plans and develops strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs.
- Assist as top-level contact for end users in determining IS requirements and/or solutions.
- Define departmental objectives and metrics to measure progress and provide accountability; support business decisions and strategies with in-depth business analytics / KPIs
- Develop a Technical Review capability, to assess emerging technologies and their viability in enabling business needs
- Manage projects and expenses to on-time / on-budget expectations;
- Execute continuous improvement, as it relates to efficiency or effectiveness, across the entire IT scope (team member development, systems, processes, services, etc.).
- Strategic command of the full software development lifecycle; ERP, e-commerce deployment strategies, and Business Intelligence
- Oversee the technological infrastructure space to evaluate, understand, and manage initiatives to ensure optimal performance
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Implement security, reliability, redundancy and disaster recovery options fit for enterprise needs
- Institutionalize project management standards / methodologies for technology deployments
- All Prinova employees are required to ensure compliance standards with food safety, food defense and food quality. (FDA, ILDPH, FSMA and BRC).
- Develop current leaders and/or recruit, train and coach new leaders that are necessary to assist the organization in achieving long term vision and business growth goals
- Lead efficient operation of the team so that prompt modernization and upgrades of IT are performed as needed.
- Oversee projects and assignments within the IT department.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic and visionary leadership qualities
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to articulate and define departmental needs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to instill sense of urgency in others on IT team
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, risk analysis and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an “own it” mentality
- Can look around corners, but grounded in pragmatic solutions
- High degree of accountability, towards self and others to delivering results
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, in both written and oral form, to influence stakeholders and drive imperatives
- High level of business acumen and process design / improvement sensibilities
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of IT technical experience across a wide variety of technologies
- 10+ years of IT management or supervisory experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment 3+ years preferred
- Project Management
- Experience with working with International systems and groups
- Thorough understanding of information technology and information technology systems including:
- ERP Applications including multi-site & multi-currency (JDE a +)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Network and Server Infrastructure
- Microsoft: Office 365, SharePoint & Teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent managerial skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- At least 15 years of experience in administration of information systems and technology, with increasing level of responsibility throughout.
6525 Muirfield DrHanover Park, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Prinova
Get fresh Vice President FOOD jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.