Prinova Hanover Park, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Prinova is a leading global supplier of ingredients and manufacturing solutions for the food, beverage and nutrition industries. By leveraging our broad in-house array of capabilities as well as years of industry expertise, we support our customers throughout the entire development process, taking their product or formulation idea from concept to completion. As a single-source partner, we strive to provide our customers with the utmost simplicity and flexibility in all their processes.
At Prinova, we pride ourselves on hiring individuals who are innovative thinkers with diverse backgrounds. Our culture is based on the FISH! philosophy, which encourages four simple practices: Be There, Play, Make Their Day, and Choose Your Attitude!
Department: Finance, SGA
Location: US Corporate Office - Hanover Park, IL
The primary role of Senior Paralegal – Contract Administrator is to work in coordination with the Prinova’s CFO in handling legal workload around contracts, NDA’s and all other agreements and legal documents. This person will be the primary contact with all external legal firms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage intake of client and vendor all incoming legal documents (contracts, agreements, NDAs, etc.) and redline to minimize company risk.
- Aide in the implementation and management of a document management solution with electronic signature capabilities
- Propose or design enhancements to contract management workflows/procedures
- Assist with creation and implementation of new contract templates
- Assist and train internal clients to navigate the firm’s contract management software solution.
- Maintain and coordinate reviews and revisions of contract templates.
- Review and update all existing corporate legal documents
- Maintain all corporate legal records and ensure timely filings of any and all registrations
- Drafts legal documents, communications and reports under minimal attorney supervision.
- Research legal issues and relevant topics. Investigate facts and applicable law and search pertinent sources.
- Identify and escalate business issues that create risk in order to reduce risk and improve the Company’s preparedness
- Responsible for implementation of internal processes and standards that result in improvements and efficiencies for the department and business.
- Participate in M&A activity around legal due diligence
- Perform special projects and document drafting/editing as requested.
- Assist with document management, filing, corporate record keeping, and internal discovery for subpoenas and litigation.
- Assist with compliance reporting and audits
- Act as primary point of contact with our external counsel
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificate from an accredited paralegal program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Westlaw, DocuWare, Contract Management Software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with senior management and to regularly train users at all levels of the company in a variety of processes
- Strong analytical skills to assess and revise existing business processes
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks
As one of the world's largest distributors of functional ingredients and a provider of nutrient premixes, Prinova creates value for global food, beverage and supplement manufacturers.
AddressHanover Park, IL