Principal Service Solutions is hiring Field Service Engineers and Field Service Engineer Trainees that will be responsible for servicing and maintaining Semiconductor tools in a cleanroom environment.
Core Job Requirements/Responsibilities
Entry Level FSE Trainee:
- New College Grads with Associates Degree in in technical field such as Electronics Engineering Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Automotive Technology or related technical program.
- 2 to 4 years military experience in a technical hands-on role such as Electronics, Avionics, Heavy Equipment repair or related military training/experience
Advanced Level FSE Trainee:
- New college grads with 4 year/BS degree in Electronics Engineering Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Automotive Technology or related technical program.
- 6+ years military experience in a technical hands-on role such as Electronics, Avionics, Heavy Equipment repair or other technical military training/experience
- AS degree with 2+ years of experience installing, troubleshooting and servicing capital equipment. Or… 8+ years with direct FSE level experience installing, troubleshooting and servicing capital equipment
Experienced FSE Level resources:
- Must have direct semiconductor manufacturing equipment experience at the Field Service Engineering level
- Experience with 300mm Etch or Deposition tools is highly desirable
Job duties and expectations:
- Ability to perform complex tasks with hands a fingers. Great dexterity and hand eye coordination is required.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical documentation, such as work instructions, schematics and graphical aids.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, etc., for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work while wearing constrictive attire (cleanroom suits and personal protective gear), for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and move items weighing up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be open to working any shift, including nights, weekends, holidays, etc...
- Perform equipment installations and start-ups.
- Perform equipment preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Perform equipment conversions and upgrades.
- Ability to be flexible on shifts (nights/weekend/holidays if needed)
- Experience in a semiconductor or related industry is a plus.
- Must be proficient in all job responsibilities and service requirements.
- 2+ years’ experience required supporting technical equipment.
- Applicable educational background/degree
- Multiple years of real world experience in technical FSE role, working with capital equipment, will be considered in lieu of military or educational requirements
- Associates/BS or Military experience/training in an Electro-Mechanical field is ideal