FIB Engineer I
- Posted: over a month ago
- $28 to $35 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The FIB Engineer I (FBE-1) position supports the business objectives of Semiconductor Equipment Division (SED) related to sales of Reactive Ion Etch (RIE or Plasma Etch) equipment to the semiconductor industry. The position's main objective is to prepare high quality ultra-thin electron-transparent specimens for transmission electron microscopy (S/TEM) analysis and performing S/TEM analysis to support HTA's process development and process engineer teams.
- Use a dual beam FIB-SEM and other equipment to prepare both routine and novel samples for S/TEM analysis.
- Obtain bright field, dark field, high resolution images, EDX, diffraction patterns, and perform other analytical techniques on a S/TEM using samples prepared by themselves or others in the lab.
- An emphasis should be placed on continually developing faster and higher quality methods of sample preparation and analysis.
- Collaborate with process development engineers to understand their needs and drive the implementation of analytical methods to assist or improve the process development cycle. This could include performing or supporting other analytical needs such as EDX, EELS, etc.
- Compile data, prepare technical reports, and communicate results to customers. Use lab management software applications for sample job administration & report creation.
- Interface with internal customers, managers, and teammates within the lab.
- Critically evaluate requests to select optimum solutions, meeting or exceeding requirements and deadlines.
- Individual will support all operations of the Evaluation Lab and other requests provided by management.
- Perform all responsibilities in a safe manner. Comply with all company policies including Environmental, Health, and Safety procedures and requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Materials Science (preferred)
- Work experience with various semiconductor analysis instruments is a plus!
- 1 + years of experience working with various FIB, S/TEM, and other equipment, to prepare samples and perform imaging analysis.
- Experience using a FIB and/or SEM to analyze semiconductor devices is highly desirable.
- Minimum travel required (<5%).
- Must be willing to work Compressed Days (6am - 6pm)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess strong technical skills and knowledge of the procedures and techniques used in a laboratory. Understanding and operation of the common failure analysis tools like FIB-SEM, S/TEM, and EDX.
- Perform tasks requiring a high degree of manual dexterity. Ability to learn, operate, and maintain all lab equipment in order to collect, process and catalogue analysis results.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate information effectively to vendors, customers, and manager regarding lab issues, activities, and schedules.
- Ability to adapt to new procedures concerning work in the facility. Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to work overtime, shift work, and/or flexible schedule as needed.
- Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to policy.
- Provide a positive attitude to all employees and customers.
Principal Service SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Exceptional company with positive leadership! Great benefits are offered with PTO and Holidays!
Principal Service Solutions is the #1 trusted partner in customized technical workforce development. Years of experience with leading technology companies allows us to quickly assess your requirements and deliver a customized workforce with little or no risk to an existing organization. Our employees are qualified and ready to go to ensure your business success. Find out how partnering with Principal Service Solutions provides unlimited workforce possibilities.