- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Principal Manufacturing is seeking a Driver to join our team in Broadview, IL. As a leader in fineblanking, conventional stamping and plastic injection molding, Principal Manufacturing sets itself above the competition.
The Driver position will be responsible to Transporting metal stampings and goods to and from vendors and customers in a timely manner
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- When delivering, obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate. When picking up, ensure that all required documentation is included with the shipment (packing slip, certifications, etc.) and verify the accuracy.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Count, weigh and record number of units of materials or marks information on case, bale or other containers.
- Load and unload trucks and move materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Work with material handlers in moving products within the company.
- Secure cargo for transport
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to material or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Utilize our ERP system to receive product orders and to update information.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Education/Certification
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Six months previous experience as a driver with a high-volume manufacturer.
- Forklift Certified
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) class B, class A preferred.
- Basic Math
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Principal Manufacturing